We'll add panelists and exact timing as they're confirmed. In the meantime, sign up for our mailing list for the latest updates on everything ASCAP Experience.
Times listed below are subject to change
10:00 AM | DOORS OPEN
The ASCAP Experience audience is made up of talented music creators from every genre imaginable, eager to learn more and turn their passion for music into a successful career. But “success” can mean many different things, and everyone takes a different road to get there. Our Hitmakers session offers practical advice and inspiration from respected music creators who have enjoyed major success recently. They’ll recount their unique journeys and what kinds of decisions they made to get where they are.
- James Fauntleroy - Singer-Songwriter/Producer/Musician (Bruno Mars, Beyoncé & Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna)
- Sarah Hudson - Songwriter/Vocal Producer (Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Illenium, Adam Lambert, Nicki Minaj)
- Steph Jones - Songwriter (Sabrina Carpenter, Lotto, Kelsea Ballerini, Selena Gomez, Florence + The Machine)
- Anna Waronker - Composer/Songwriter (that dog., Yellowjackets, Shrill, Josie and the Pussycats, Lovelace a Rock Opera)
Social Listening: Building a Music Career in the Social Media Age
Music is fundamentally a social form of art, so it makes sense that some of today’s most valuable tools for music creators are social media platforms, and apps that help you make the most of them. This panel will provide our members with actionable steps to expand their audience and get their music heard. We’ve partnered with some of ASCAP's buzziest artists who have seen notable impact from their strategic use of social media platforms. These artists will share their unique stories of how they used digital and social strategies to grow their fanbases and build their careers.
- Alex Warren - Singer/Songwriter (“One More I Love You," "Screaming Underwater," "Chasing Shadows")
- MODERATOR: Maria Gironas - Founder of Cool Shit, Cool People; Global Chair, Diversity & Inclusion, Women In Music
GET HEARD: LIVE Song feedback
There’s nothing like honest opinions from experienced music fanatics to help you tune up your songs. Want to know what the pros listen for when they’re evaluating music, lyrics and production? Find out at this unique, multi-genre feedback session featuring some of the most trusted songwriters and producers in the music business. They’ll listen to a limited number of songs, pre-submitted by ASCAP Experience registrants, in front of a live audience.
We’ll email you a link to the submission form after you register for the ASCAP Experience.
- Darrell Brown - Songwriter/Producer (Keith Urban, LeAnn Rimes, Neil Young, Dolly Parton, Ziggy Marley)
- Theron "Neff-U" Feemster - Producer/Composer/Songwriter (Michael Jackson, Dr. Dre, Justin Bieber, Sia)
It’s an annual tradition: we’re bringing together a killer lineup of songwriters from across the genre spectrum to play their hits in a supercharged “in-the-round” setting. They’ll tell the stories behind their best-loved songs, and play them like you’ve never heard them before. There’s a reason why we close out every ASCAP Experience with The Writers Jam - nothing could top the experience of a world-class songwriter performing an original song as the entire ASCAP community sings along.
- Leon Thomas - Artist/Singer/Songwriter/Producer (Ariana Grande, Kehlani, Giveon, Toni Braxton, Ty Dolla $ign)
Celebrating 50 Years of Hip-Hop
Hip-hop has undergone monumental changes since DJ Kool Herc first extended an instrumental break into “five minutes of dance fury” at a Bronx block party in 1973. What started as an inner-city art form evolved into an unstoppable force that has made a major commercial and cultural impact on every region of the globe. This session’s guests are respected contributors to hip-hop's storied history. They'll recount how hip-hop shaped their lives and careers, and talk about what it means to be a part of a culture that has changed so much over the decades.