July 28 @ 3PM ET / 12PM PT
The Art of Collaboration with Chris Stapleton & Dan Wilson
Grammy-winning songwriters Chris Stapleton and Dan Wilson are two of the music world’s most sought-after collaborators. Stapleton has co-penned huge songs with Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan and Justin Timberlake, in addition to his chart-topping career as a solo artist; Wilson’s resume includes top 10 hits and Grammy winners for Halsey, Dierks Bentley, Adele, The Chicks, his band Semisonic and more. How do they consistently strike gold in the writing room? Listen to these master tunesmiths discuss the subtle art of writing music together, and how to ensure your collaborator is as thrilled with the process as you are.
What Every Film/TV Composer Needs to Know About the Business
Join composers Siddhartha Khosla, John Powell and Pinar Toprak as they outline the business know-how that every professional film/TV composer needs to sustain a long-term career. Led by Your Music, Your Future founder Joel Beckerman, these three A-listers will explain how they broke through, and the decisions they made early on that have proven critical to their success – and can do the same for you.
- Siddhartha Khosla, composer (This Is Us)
- John Powell, composer (How to Train Your Dragon)
- Pinar Toprak, composer (Captain Marvel)
- Joel Beckerman, composer/founder of Your Music, Your Future (moderator)
Songwriting for the Voice
Every song needs a voice to bring it to life. But there’s a lot to know about how voices work when you’re writing music intended to be sung. Our expert panelists will explain how to craft songs that take advantage of the voice’s natural abilities and limitations. They’ll discuss what makes a melody or lyric singable, pitching your song to fit different vocalists, how to leave room for vocals in your arrangements and mixes, and much more. You’ll come away with tips to help your songs shine brighter, and a deeper appreciation for the one instrument we all own.
- Vince Mendoza, composer/arranger/conductor
- Matthew Ramsey, vocal coach
- Autumn Rowe, songwriter/vocal coach/producer/DJ
- Jodi Marr, songwriter/producer/talent development specialist/Professor of Songwriting, Belmont University (moderator)