THE STORY SO FAR: CELEBRATING 25+ YEARS OF LEANN RIMES
ASCAP Golden Note Award presentation to LeAnn and exclusive interview with Variety's Chris Willman
There is nobody quite like the GRAMMY Award-winning singer, songwriter, actress and author LeAnn Rimes. When LeAnn first blew up country radio in 1996 with her debut single “Blue,” she was a 13-year-old phenom with unbelievable vocals. She quickly became the youngest individual artist to win a GRAMMY, and the first country artist to win Artist of the Year at the Billboard Music Awards. Her blockbuster recording of “How Do I Live” set a record for the longest-charting single on the Billboard Hot 100 (69 weeks), before hitting #4 on Billboard’s Greatest of All Time: Hot 100 Songs chart. In the 25 years since, LeAnn has followed her muse from country to pop music, dance to “world Americana,” Christmas songs to chant music – all the while making every lyric her own, and selling over 48 million albums worldwide in the process. To celebrate the release of her highly-anticipated 19th studio album god’s work, this powerhouse vocalist joins us to take a look back at her remarkable life in music. She'll share how she gets to the heart of every song she sings, and how her artistry and her humanitarian work intertwine. Join us as we present LeAnn Rimes with the ASCAP Golden Note Award, commemorating her quarter century as a recording artist for the ages.
- LeAnn Rimes – GRAMMY-winning singer, songwriter, actress and author
- Chris Willman – Senior Music Writer and Chief Music Critic, Variety (moderator)
READ ASCAP EXPERIENCE DIGITAL #7
GET READY FOR YOUR 2023 BREAKTHROUGH
The season of gratitude is upon us! As a thank you for being part of our ASCAP Experience community, we humbly offer issue #7 of ASCAP Experience Digital, containing a cornucopia of career advice and creative inspiration:
- A lively conversation between Latin music icons Draco Rosa & Natalia Jiménez (¡Viva los pochos!)
- Discover 7 ways music can help reduce your stress and anxiety - just in time for the holiday season!
- How Lil Nas X producer Nick Lee, country star Lainey Wilson and composer Nathan Matthew David (Young Rock, Surviving R. Kelly) achieved their breakthrough moments
- Learn about how the latest technology in in-ear monitors can help you perform better, and preserve your hearing longer
THANKS FOR BEING PART OF THE ASCAP EXPERIENCE COMMUNITY!
You keep us inspired and are at the heart of everything that we do. Here's a special video message from some of our ASCAP Experience participants to show our appreciation.